Join Us for Sculpting the Feline Head Using Wool and Felting Needle By Kiyoshi Mino
August 10-11, 2019
Above price reflects. May 1st early sign-up discount!
View the Class Instructor Bios For Who Is Coming To Teach!
Needle felting is the perfect medium for creating realistic mammals and birds. Because wool is itself a kind of animal fur, with the right techniques it can be used to make extremely realistic fur and feathers. In this workshop you will learn to sculpt the face and head of a cat out of wool. The course will give you techniques to increase the level of detail and realism in your needle felted cat sculptures. You will learn some basic animal anatomy and how to use this knowledge for creating art.
- Basic sculpting using wool and felting needle
- Using reference photos and anatomical diagrams to sculpt musculature
- Sculpting the feline head
- Creating realistic eyes with wool
- Creating realistic cat ears
- Mixing wool of different colors to obtain wool of a precise color or color combination
- Use wool of different qualities for different purposes.
- Creating realistic fur using fine wool roving
- Creating patterns (spots, stripes) in fur
- Creating whiskers using horsehair
- Felting needles, felting mats/pads and sewing scissors.
- Variety of fiber colors to felt.
- Need products contact Susan
Materials Fee: $8 (Payable To Instructor on first day of class)
Dates: August 10-11, 2019
Location: Comfort Inn & Suites
5025 Co Hwy V, DeForest, WI 53532