$ 600.00 $ 650.00
This is a 4- days course, in which will be working 7 hours per day
- taking measurements
- Building basic template for boots
-Calculating % of shrinking wool
- Modeling on basic template for high heel boots including heights of heel.
(the participants will gonna make boots with the same height of heel, but the tutor will explain how to make modeling on basic template for different heights of heels)
- Preparing materials (layers, fabric, and fibers)
- The layout of wool (the sequence of the layout of the wool )
- Grind wool, working on the template
- giving volume to the workpiece
Second day BOOTS:
- Rolling felt. working with the product to give shape.
- Shrinkage of workpiece to shoe size
- Working with the bootleg
- work on mistakes
- making different samples for different seasons from different kind of wool
-variety of shoelast and soles, how to select right shoelast and sole.
- Making heel box for boots
- Making innersoles
- preparing boots for installing the heel box and inner soles
- Making different samples for different seasons shoes using different wool and other materials
- explaining how to Instal zipper.
- Installing the heel box to the shoes
- Installing the insoles in to the shoes
- Preparing the boots to put on the soles
- Attaching soles to the shoe
- Stitching soles
After several days or more you will have created a work of art and worked with a master shoe maker
Class Fee: $650
Materials Fee: $175 (Paid to instructor on day of class.)
Dates: July 30-August 2nd
Class size is limited to 10 people
Location: Super 8 Motel Columbus
Things To Know: In the order notes, please list shoe size in US and European sizes For Example: Size 9US/41and measure your foot in inches and cm. See chart below for comparison. If you have your own shoe lasts let us know.